Archive for the ‘General’ Category
TVXQ! EVENT CREW SET THE STAGE FOR AN INCREDIBLE COMEBACK PERFORMANCE IN MALAYSIA!
TVXQ! “Catch Me” World Tour, Live in Malaysia, 18 May 2013
Kuala Lumpur, 15 May 2013 – Kuala Lumpur shall soon welcome the return of ‘K-Pop royalty’, TVXQ!, the biggest alternative Korean pop band in Asia. With the performance they’ve all been waiting for just around the corner, Malaysian Cassiopeias are brimming with excitement – and rightly so! TVXQ! ‘Catch Me’ Live World Tour concert organiser, JPM Music, has now been joined by the band’s production crew (all the way from South Korea) and are in the process of building the stage that will be unlike any other stage used in TVXQ’s Asian tour so far.
More than RM1.5 million has been invested in the development of this stage which is specially designed for the Malaysian fans to enjoy an intimate concert experience. The layout of the stage and audience seating allows a great number of fans to feel that they are getting up-close-and-personal with Max and U-Know as they rock the stadium with their electrifying dance moves and soulful sounds.
This performance will mark TVXQ!’s third appearance in Malaysia since the band was formed in 2003 and it is also their first time performing in Malaysia after an absence of 6 years. Their break from the limelight has not left the group’s following to diminish and in fact, their fan base in Malaysia has continued to grow over the years. So whilst many of the thousands attending the concert this weekend will be long time followers of TVXQ!, there will also be many new fans who have been won over by the boys’ previous successes and earlier music.
Fans attending the concert which will be held at Stadium Malawati, Shah Alam on 18th May 2013, are advised to take note that the concert time has been changed to 6.00pm. For those who are still keen but have yet to make arrangements – tickets are available (but in limited supply) and there’s just 3 days left before the big day so don’t miss out!
Tickets are available to purchase through http://www.ticketcharge.com.my and all official outlet of Rock corner.
For more information, please log on to www.jpmmusic.com.my or visit the official JPM Music Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/JpMusic.my. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiry of tickets or call +603-77128690 (Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm) for details. You can register yourself at www.jpmmusic.com.my to get the latest concert updates too.
It’s May 15th and it’s a Sunny day today! In conjunction with Sunny’s 25th birthday, let’s take a look at the A to Z of the irreplaceable sunshine of Girls’ Generation!
Alcohol: Sunny’s drinking prowess is well-acclaimed by her members!
Birthday: Sunny shares the same birthday as her two older sisters!
Catch Me If You Can: Sunny played the role of Brenda twice in the Korean production of the Broadway musical; first, in the second quarter of 2012 and the second time from December 2012 to February 2013.
Dubbing: Sunny participated in dubbing (or voice-acting) for animated film ‘Koala Kid: Birth of A Hero’ with SHINee’s Taemin.
Energy pill: One of Sunny’s nicknames. Why? Just take a look at her famous aegyo!
Fashionista: While most of Girls’ Generation are fashionistas in their own rights, Sunny is the one who pulls off the best sporty-casual fashion, which is evident especially in airport photos!
Gamer: Apparently, Sunny’s an avid gamer and I’ll bet that she can probably beat the majority of us at it too!
Handsome: Sunny came top in a poll where she took the majority of being a female celebrity who is both pretty and handsome! Fellow member Yuri came in second.
Intelligent: Sunny is smart and agile when it comes to handling surprising incidents that happened out of the blue. Don’t believe me? Watch this.
Jitters: or the lack thereof. Have you seen her handling chickens, snakes and cow without fear?
Kuwait: Sunny was born in California but her family moved to Kuwait she was just an infant but due to the Cold War, her family moved to South Korea.
Lee Soonkyu: The endearing Korean name of Sunny. She once jokingly said that Soonkyu is her offstage personality/alter-ego while Sunny is the glamorous Girls’ Generation member that people see on stage.
MC: Sunny played the role of emcee for several shows including music shows ‘The M’ and ‘Music Island’ as well as major events such as the Super Joint Concert in Thailand in April 2013.
Nomination: In the 6th ‘The Musical Awards’ in 2012, Sunny was nominated for ‘Best New Actress’ for her role as Brenda in musical ‘Catch Me If You Can’.
Original Soundtracks (OSTs): Do you know that Sunny participated in several OSTs for dramas? In 2012, she sang ‘It’s Me’ with f(x)’s Luna for the ‘To The Beautiful You’ OST and previously, she has also lent her vocals to the OSTs of other dramas such as ‘Oh! My Lady’, ‘Heading to the Ground’ with Taeyeon and more.
Pyrotechnics: Even the bravest person has their weakness too! Sunny has a fear of loud noises and she still gets surprised at the sounds of pyrotechnics! Poor Sunny!
Quotable: If you look past that first impression of Sunny’s aegyo and cuteness, she is probably wiser than most of us. She said a lot of quotable things in recent times such as “It’s most rewarding when I hear that fans gained strength from watching Girls’ Generation. Girls’ Generation will put on more performances to give you strength so you can say those things for a long long time.”
Radio host: Sunny was a DJ for the radio show ‘Chunji’ until July 2008.
Slam Dunk: She once mentioned that her favourite manga is the sports-themed manga ‘Slam Dunk’. She also said that she enjoyed reading ‘One Piece’.
Talented: She is one of main vocals of the group, she dances, she acts, she models, she hosts events, tv programmes and radio shows plus she excels in variety shows. Need I say more?
Uncle: It’s a widely-known fact that SM Entertainment’s founder Lee Soo Man is Sunny’s uncle.
Variety shows: Sunny is well-known for being a variety-dol (an idol who excels and is entertaining in variety shows) and she has taken part in various variety shows such as ‘Invincible Youth’ with fellow member Yuri, ‘Invincible Youth 2’ with Hyoyeon and ‘Star Golden Bell’ in earlier days.
Witty: One of the factors of Sunny’s success in variety shows is probably her wit and humour, bringing the shows to life with laughter!
Xantrochroic: Initially, Sunny gave everyone a huge surprise when she appeared with short, blonde hair during ‘The Boys’ but I think it is safe to say that most of us fell in love with that cool and chic transformation!
Youthful: Ever since Girls’ Generation’s debut, Sunny has been given the nickname ‘fake maknae’ because she was often thought as the group’s youngest member!
Zealous: Sunny may have been the last to join the company and the group but she was by no means lacking. She had previously diligently trained for many years at another entertainment company before auditioning for SM Entertainment, nailing it and debuting as the last member of Girls’ Generation!
So, the A to Z of Sunny are just the tip of the iceberg for this lovable person that you have to get to know over time! Words and facts aren’t enough to show you how wonderful she truly is. And for now, while still on the never-ending path of getting to know her and loving her, we shall conclude this with a sincere birthday.
From all of us at Fanwonder.com, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY! We love you!
Credit: Helianthus (leesoongyu.com), usnthem.dothome.co.kr, YuriKwonBlkPearl3@youtube.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Today is April 18th! It’s the time of the year again, the time when we celebrate the birth of our princess who rules our Sone World, the one who was also the one who placed fifth in the list of world’s most beautiful woman in 2012, Jessica Jung.
Jessica is exactly how a typical princess should be like – she whines, she demands for things and she loves to sleep in her chamber.
When she throws something, it will always fall not far from her feet no matter how far she aimed them at, and when she draws something, it will not resemble the original object or person.
But she’s just being Jessica and that’s her charms.
And we love this imperfect little princess.
She may not be an excellent ball pitcher, and she’s not really into head banging like her friends, but she’s not lazy. Yes, she’s not. Everything you believed was a lie. They even brainwashed us into believing that she was lazy with a subliminal song ‘Lazy Girl’. Sneaky, isn’t it?
Since late last year until mid-March this year, Jessica had been giving her all for her musical ‘Legally Blonde’. It was her second time reprising the role of the beloved blonde girl that made fellow group mate Tiffany jealous. And she did an amazing job yet again.
Amidst her musical practice was the preparation for Girls’ Generation comeback, and this princess managed to juggle them both even if it meant cutting down on her sleeping time. She still fulfilled her commitment to the musical even though she had to fly back and forth to Japan for Girls’ Generation second arena tour. Even when she was tired, she stood on the stage and stayed strong until the curtain call for the sake of the waiting audience and her hardworking cast mates. It was said that she even passed out after ending of one of the plays but she came back to fulfill her schedule the night after with a brighter Elle Woods.
“I need to become emphatic on my own. I need to do it because I’m Elle Woods, and that’s why I’m able to do it.”
That was a professionalism of a true star.
There was another misconception about Jessica – that she was a cold person. Don’t let her old nickname, Ice Princess fool you. She was the one who personally asked to meet the fan in the wheelchair who came to her musical. She asked for him and met him just to say thank you and to take photos together.
“A lot has changed. People call me ‘Ice Princess’ because I look cold at first glance, but I’m not. I may be shy, but I won’t be cold towards people I know.”
Whenever Jessica was with her baby sister Krystal, not a trace of her cold image can be seen. They have a close relationship that becomes the envy of others. The way they always look after each other made you wish you have an older or younger sister like them.
“She’s a friend that I can talk to about everyday life and give advice to. I want to protect her and be able to lead her in the right direction.”
Even though Jessica won’t be in Korea to celebrate her birthday with her family and baby sister, I am sure the lovely sisters will find a way to spend time together on the special day, be it a sweet phone call, a string of loving messages or selcas!
Happy birthday to Jessica Jung!!!
You are an amazing and beautiful woman with a warm heart, a great singer, a hardworking actress, a loving sister, a fashionista and one of the best idols we’ve ever seen.
We love you, your highness!
Written by: aienbest@twitter
Photo/video credits: Woorissica, RGB, geegee9.tistory.com, cosnian.tistory.com, Krystal’s me2day (http://me2day.net/fx_krystal), email@example.com
Special thanks: foreversoshi@twitter for picking out the photos
Actor Lee Jonghyuk uploaded a selca with Sooyoung on his Twitter today (April 12th)!
Earlier this month, the duo were revealed to have been casted as the lead roles in new TvN drama ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’ along with actor Lee Chunhee.
In his tweet, Lee Jonghyuk expressed his excitement for the new drama, which was scheduled to begin its filming in mid-April. This is also the first time we have seen the two main leads together.
Are you excited for Sooyoung’s new series? ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’, a 16-episode romantic comedy, is expected to air at the end of May.
The Jung sisters are showing off their loving and enviable sister bonds yet again!
On April 12th, f(x)’s Krystal uploaded an adorable photo of the young siblings at a beach on her Instagram (@kjungxox).
Krystal, who is currently filming variety show ‘Amazing f(x)’ in New Zealand, uploaded the photo with a caption that says “late national siblings day-love u jess”.
The Jung sisters have proven their loving relationship time and time again, showing their love and support for one another throughout the years.
Good news for Malaysian SONEs! It has been confirmed that Girls’ Generation will be coming to the South East Asian country for the ’2013 Asia Super Showcase in Malaysia’ in May!
According to Marctensia the organizer, the ’2013 Asia Super Showcase’ will take place at 8.30pm on May 19th, 2013 at Stadium Merdeka in Kuala Lumpur and Girls’ Generation is the first of the lineup for the event to be announced.
The ’2013 Asia Super Showcase’ will mark the second time of Girls’ Generation coming and performing in Malaysia after the ‘TWIN TOWERS @LIVE 2012′ concert held at the iconic Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur back in March 2012, which was reportedly attended by over 68,000 people.
Other details on the showcase including ticket sales and further lineup will be announced soon!
Meanwhile, you can give suggestions for fan events to make the showcase more memorable for the girls and all the fans. Leave your suggestions here!
Credit: Marctensia Concerts
Update 1: Marctensia announces change of date and other details
Marctensia, the organizer of the event, has announced a change in the date of the showcase and it has been brought forward from May 19th to May 12th, a week earlier than initially planned.
Besides that, they also announced the next group in the lineup – rookie girl group AOA of FNC Entertainment. The third and last group in the lineup is still a mystery but they should be unveiled soon.
The seating plan for the showcase was also revealed but ticket prices are still unknown so stay tuned for more updates on the event!
Update 2: Seating plan updated with ticket prices!
As previously announced, the ’2013 Asia Super Showcase’ will be taking place at 8pm on May 12th, 2013 at Stadium Merdeka in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The ticket prices for the different zones for the concert was announced earlier today, ranging from RM223 and above. The ticket prices are as stated in the seating plan below and tickets will be sold by the official ticketing agent Ticket Charge. Other ticketing details will be announced soon.
Credit: Marctensia Facebook page
Update 3: Early bird promotion for ticket sale to start on March 23rd!
As announced by the organizer Marctensia, the tickets for the ’2013 Asia Super Showcase in Malaysia’ will go on sale with an early bird promotion starting March 23rd (10 am) till April 6th. Tickets bought during this period, not including the VIP tickets, will enjoy a discount of 10% and ticket holders of the same event last year will get a 15% discount.
Tickets will be available online at www.ticketcharge.com.my and at selected walk-in TicketCharge outlets while VIP ticket pre-orders can be done by contacting Marctensia Concerts at 03 2092 1199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more details, check out www.ticketcharge.com.my
With time, things are always changing. Kim Taeyeon changes too. Even our ‘greatest leader in the universe’ is unable to stop the unstoppable; things like time, age, and popularity. From Kim Family’s Kim Taeyeon, to Girls’ Generation’s Kim Taeyeon, Korea’s Kim Taeyeon, Asia’s Kim Taeyeon, and now the world’s Kim Taeyeon. No one can change the fact that the group’s virus is spreading. Their beauty is no longer a patent of the fans; it’s now for the world to admire.
Yet we are not afraid. Separated by distance and time, overwhelmed by the changes, all we can feel is pride, never fear. This is because as fans who know our idols and our leader well, we know that time changes, age changes, popularity changes, but Kim Taeyeon never changes.
Some things about Kim Taeyeon never change. Looking at her, we get a sense of assurance, assuring us that no matter how high she goes and how far she gets away from us, she is still our Kim Taeyeon. SONEs’ Kim Taeyeon.
Taeyeon never changes.
In 2007, she was that dorky leader with a weird ahjumma laughter; in 2012, we see the same leader appearing in front of us. Each time we try to compare the past and present photos of her and sigh, “I see no difference!”, perhaps we should be grateful, that we have a leader who creates miracles – racing against time to keep the image her fans are fond of.
“A charismatic adult on the stage, a childish kid offstage.” – That’s how her fans comment about her.
A charismatic adult on the stage, never changes -
On stage, she’s a singer who puts all of her emotions into the song, those emotions that she fails to express in words.
Feburary 2008, a 20 year-old girl stood alone on the stage, facing the world that was watching her and the people she loves, proved herself with her strong vocal, and finally made an unprecedented splash.
June 2011, despite already getting used to her powerful voice, we were again amazed by a short intro to the song ‘Run Devil Run’ and Kim Taeyeon’s unlimited potential.
From 2008 to 2011, she might have changed from a girl singing love songs on the stage to one who roars like a devil with a black eagle outfit, but over the years, what never changed, is the true Kim Taeyeon we see.
A singer who brings energy and tears,
A singer who enjoys every performance,
A singer who influence fans with her charms and charisma.
When asked for the reason why she’s able to support Taeyeon with unchanging love, @tangpa (TAIJui) from twitter, as a fan of Taeyeon since debut, replied, “Besides being able to sing perfectly, beautifully and cutely, she also dances well. She is attractive in many ways, but above anything else, she possesses the most important charm of a singer – talent. Taeyeon’s voice is really great.. She looks beautiful when she sings on the stage, so lovely that I can have everlasting love for her! Never want to let go of her.” @tangpa’s comment simply summarises Taeyeon’s unchanging charms on stage over the years.
Taeyeon told us, “Performing for you is something enjoyable and fun. Whenever there is music programmes, I work to the best of my ability. I have found the way to enjoy it, because it’s something I have most confidence in. That’s when I close my eyes to enjoy without realising it.”
A childish kid offstage, never changes -
Yoona once commented on Taeyeon’s characters, “Extremely free and easy-going.” That explains ‘Kim Taeyeon offstage’. Bright, cute and potentially a gagwoman – that makes Taeyeon a ‘genius in entertainment’ in fans’ eyes. She might not be Sooyoung who displays professionalism on variety shows, but she is definitely a natural entertainer in real life.
“Taeyeon ssi, what is your weakness?”
“Unable to take down things from high places.”
‘Unintentionally sacrificing’ her image as an idol;
Shouting for ice-cream as the oldest members in the group;
Jumping around on the concert stage like a child;
Displaying an incomprehensible kind of love for a soft toy that no one would have noticed;
Capable of doing anything a child can do, convincing non-fans that Kim Taeyeon is the maknae of the group.
One simply cannot put up an act to resemble a child so much, for all these come from the natural character of Kim Taeyeon – cheerful, bright, easy-going, accompanied by milky skin, and forever unchanging baby face.
As a fan of Girls’ Generation for many years, @soshibrows (Cedge) from twitter talked about the reasons of supporting Taeyeon with unchanging love. He said, “My love is unchanging because Taeyeon is still the same adorable person. After all these years, she’s still more or less the same dorky, adorable, slightly 4D kid leader. The person who worked and works hard to fulfill her dreams. The girl who once stood on a bridge and yelled to the river, ‘나는 할수 있다 (I can do it)!’ The leader who tells her members to be careful of their image, yet lets loose with giant ahjumma laughs. Taeyeon may have gone through many styles and concepts (and haircuts…) through the years, but all of that is just garnishing, because what I love the most about her is her personality.”
“Taeyeon is still the same adorable person…. what I love the most about her is her personality.” A simple comment from a fan explains Kim Taeyeon’s attractiveness off the stage. Just like how she remains the same even a long time passes, our love for her stays unchanged.
“Keeping our love unchanging for you”, this precious line from the song ‘Into the New World’ has been a promise between us since 2007. We are able to keep this promise, because our precious leader enabled us to do so. Our kid leader, the unchanging kid leader.
The relationship between Kim Taeyeon and her members never changes.
Being the eldest member, the heavy responsibility of supporting the group was placed onto her shoulder almost automatically. A leader is supposed to guide, control and perhaps, command. But Kim Taeyeon never does so. Being mild and gentle in nature yet having the obligation to lead, she adopted an unique approach to establish an unique relationship with her members -
“A friend-like leader”, that’s how the members described her.
When she was asked, “To Taeyeon, what does Girls’ Generation mean to you?”, she said, “My family, the last people left for me.” She never appears as the leader of the group, but instead, the head of the family. The head of the family who loves her family members unconditionally. She respects their choices, comments, gives them care. She said, “I’m said to be the leader, yet it seems that I’m not doing anything that resembles a leader. At one point of time, all our 9 members became leaders. That’s why I do not like it when people say, ‘It’s Taeyeon the leader’. I hope that we can lead the group together, because in sad or difficult times, we have no one (to rely on) but 9 of us.”
Since when did Kim Taeyeon stop introducing herself as ‘Kid leader Taeyeon’? It seems that the word ‘leader’ has disappeared from her mouth for years. All we see right now, is a family head showing care and concern for her family members silently, everywhere she goes.
Fixing hair for members, helping with their image management, hugging them whenever in need, holding back her tears so that she can comfort her crying members. When these little yet heartwarming moments never fail to make a third party like us to think that “Sure enough, I am loving the right person”, we can already respect how members feel towards her.
Sooyoung told her, “Thank you so much for becoming a leader with the aura of leadership . Because you are the balance in the group, we can maintain our relationship as good friends. This is why I feel grateful that you are a friend-like leader to us.”
Kim Taeyeon – a friend-like leader for the members indeed.
Taeyeon never wanted to declare herself as a leader, yet she is born to be one. Perhaps because she is the oldest member, perhaps because her small yet firm shoulders look reliable, if you observe carefully, members tend to find her the best support in times of need.
Careful and observant, Taeyeon seems to understand the troubles each and every members faces. Being someone who does not know how to express herself, she tends to neglect her own feelings and instead, puts all of her attention on her members. Baby face and dorky behaviours cannot change the fact that Kim Taeyeon is the eldest, and perhaps most experienced member in the group. 2008 was the year that made her grow up – solo activities in the darkest time the group ever faced, working alone to fight against their fate. When she worked so hard that she lost weight naturally and almost fainted, a young girl was in the process of becoming a sensible and mature adult. Since then, she has always been the pillar of the team, never changed.
Yoona said, “Whenever I have troubles, I will always consult Taeyeon unnie.”
Sunny told her, “I rely on you the most, you are my closest friend who knows all my secrets. I’m always thankful, because I trust you and I have been relying on you.”
Kim Taeyeon – a leader-like friend for the members indeed.
And this defines the ‘unique relationship’ that never changes between Taeyeon and the members.
The relationship between Kim Taeyeon and her fans never changes.
Taeyeon has never made any detailed explanation on her relationship with the fans. Perhaps the only time she tried to define it, she said, “We have established a relationship where there is no need for words, we know everything just through eye-contact.”
That was back in 2008, and she has always been right about it.
“A relationship where there is no need for words.” At least to Taeyeon, the word ‘love’ is way not enough to express how she feels towards us. So, what can more accurately define this feeling? Like what she has said, we can try to understand her through eye-contact. Whenever she stares into the fans’ eyes, we are able to feel something more than love, something beyond love. No one can obtain a definite answer from it, but through years of observation, we can in fact figure it out — ‘Gratitude’.
To Taeyeon, ‘thank you’ is definitely a more valuable and meaningful word than ‘I love you’. To put it straight, an idol is never able to fall in love with each and every of her fans, although ‘I love you’ is commonly used on the fandom as a whole. Yet an idol can sincerely feel grateful towards every single one of us. If we put into context, ‘because I love them’ is how Girls’ Generation members drive Taeyeon to work, ‘because I’m grateful to them’ is how fans motivate her.
All these years, Kim Taeyeon has always been trying to convey this message to her fans, she takes every opportunity to express this, though being someone inexpressive.
Thank you fans, thank you SONE.
Thank you for always being there since we met;
Thank you for being the only support for us in the darkest moments;
Thank you for being the only group of people who understand us when there were misunderstandings;
Thank you for always giving us all your love through the years;
Thank you for being my energy, my hope, my vitamin.
‘Thank you’ is a phrase that follows her everywhere. When she gets to speak, she says it; When she stands on the stage without a mic, she mouths it; When she can’t be seen, she conveys the message through UFOs; When she can’t be heard, she writes it on iPad or uses eye-contact.
She told us, “The friends whom I feel most grateful for, people who share my feelings with me – SONE, thank you very very much. As you all share happiness and grief together with me, I feel grateful and sorry at the same time.”
“SONEs are the best, always grateful, my energy!!”
“I’m always thinking about you all, feeling thankful, please be careful of flu.”
She said to her overseas fans, “People who can share and feel my emotions exist even far away across the oceans.. so I wish to only give you more happiness.”
‘Gratitude’ is not something she feels only at certain moments. This word, together with SONE, are always in her heart. After so many years, thanking her fans has become a habit for her, and this will go on forever, never changes.
They sang to us, “Although as time passes, we may change.”
This is when we are reminded that although some things in them never change, they will still grow up and become mature ladies. Although Taeyeon remains as cute, it may surprise you sometimes when you see the change in her image. Losing the baby fat on her cheeks, becoming thinner, the use of heavier make-up, all these are signs of her maturity. Yet this does not contradict to what we have discussed earlier on, because what stays in Taeyeon’s heart did not change.
All we have to do, is to watch her grow up, and walk on together with this precious leader who stays unchanged for her loved ones.
They sing, “Although as time passes, we may change”, but they added, “Let’s not let go of our hands, just for love, let’s let this be our last love forever.” This is a promise assuring us that our relationship will go on forever without change.
Taeyeon grows up, but we will grow up with her. Taeyeon becomes mature, and we will become mature with her. Taeyeon will go onto a higher stage, we will walk on together with her as her support. Some things in Taeyeon never change. Those things in us will never change too.
“Even after a long time passes, I want to dream with you forever.”
We are her fans, we are together, forever.
With this, we wish Taeyeon a happy 25th birthday!
Now, please take some time and watch this MUST-WATCH video (which is a part of this tribute):
Written by: imwhywhy@twitter
Photo Credits: flying_petals@twitter, crisis309com@twitter, cottoncandy309@twitter, kimtaeyeonbar.com, taeyeon0309com@twitter, email@example.com
Sooyoung and Seohyun of Girls’ Generation showcased their beautiful leg lines in the March issue of fashion magazine CeCi.
Sooyoung and Seohyun were chosen as the muses for Tommy Hilfiger Denim 2013 and they participated in a photo shoot for spring denim collection.
The concept of the photo shoot for the two girls, who are famous for their perfect body shapes, is ‘Sweet Travelmate’. As they wore natural make-up with thick waves in their hair, Sooyoung and Seohyun appeared as twins in the pictorial concept. To show the feeling of spring, two girls wore checkered shirts, flower-print jackets and pants in lively colors, in order to present the image of lovely girls.
During the photo shoot, Sooyoung and Seohyun reinterpreted the clothes one by one from their own perspective, and presented them in outstanding poses and expressions. This manifested their professionalism as models and they received comments praising their ability to complete the photo shoot with their unique girly and sexy charms.
Pictures from the photo shoot can be seen in the March 2013 issue of CeCi and on the official website of Tommy Hilfiger Denim.
Update: CeCi Cover Story Interview with Sooyoung and Seohyun
1. Do you like the stage concept of ‘I Got A Boy’?
- It’s been a long time since we performed without high heels. I like it ve~ry much. It doesn’t feel tired at all to dance. I admired male singers who don’t have to perform in heels, ‘ah, so male singers are like this’. Looks like I will request to not wear heels for our next album too.
2. What are the similarities and differences between the responses of Girls’ Generation and the public towards the new song?
- The similarity, compared to just listening to the song, you find more charms when watching the stage performance. However, the comments on lyrics varied. Personally, I like lyrics that have a clear theme and I have confidence in our song. I hope that we’ll have more lyrics that can be listened by the side of ears.
3. You have revealed your dream to hold talk shows in many interviews. Usually, are you interested in knowing people?
- I have much interest in that and I enjoy conversations. If something happens that affects my mood, it makes a difference whether sharing of thoughts has conveyed my thoughts. “Did you care about what I just said?”, when I asked this, I receive this in reply, “In fact I did care, thanks for telling me this’. In these situations, I feel the power of communication. It’s especially strong when I’m with the members.
To me, Girls’ Generation is not somewhere that simply provides money or fame. It is a place where we have lessons in life. It’s a place where we adjust everything initially in conflict one by one, until we embrace one another. You can never find lessons as good as these elsewhere. I learn most things in a little society named Girls’ Generation.
4. If you are to invite one person from Girls’ Generation to be the guest of your talk show, who will you invite?
-Tiffany. She’s a friend who has a really dramatic life. Being through so much, she can be either depressed or a realist, she is like a character in movies. It’s amazing. So much that I want to take up the same challenges as her.
5. It’s been 7 years since debut. What are the differences between Sooyoung at 18 and 24 years old?
- I can do things more easily now. Should I say that goals became clearer? When I was 18 perhaps because of my young age, I was aggressive and daring. I had many ambitions. Now, not all my ambitions can be realized, and I knew that these are not necessary to me. Seems like as I walk on slowly, I can look at my surroundings better.
6. What are the things that remained unchanged compared to then?
- Being the youngest child of my family. My parents taught me strictly, “No matter how famous you are, you are still the youngest child of the house.” Sometimes I want to throw tantrums that I can’t throw outside, I want to do it as I wish, caring about no one. But they strictly disallowed that. At first I thought, “Our house is the only place where I can share everything freely, this is too much”, but now, it’s something that makes me feel most grateful towards my mum and dad.
7. Is there something that you wish it could go back to the past?
- There’s nothing that I want to change. Back then, I did nothing wrong too. I just feel bad thinking of the past. (CeCi: Were you a hot tempered person back then?) I was rather a slowpoke (Sooyoung described herself as a bear). I think that an artiste who doesn’t know how to manage his or her expressions are pure people in real life. Someone who doesn’t know how to pretend. I was one of the examples. However, to think from the perspective of an artiste, it somehow makes people who are looking are me uncomfortable, so I thought it’s in fact a wrong attitude. Although being a little more like a fox might be better, I liked the Sooyoung who knew nothing, just Sooyoung.
8. You are in the middle of your 20s. When did you finally come to realize your age?
- Recently! I came to understand why my mum always says ‘We did this back then’ happily. I miss the days in ‘Reply 1997′. So much that I can cry. As machines become smarter, humans have less thoughts. (CeCi: You can think of this after your 30s) That’s why! (laughs) I like the days where we wrote hand-written letters and typed on pagers. Looks like I’m really getting old now.
9. Is there something good about being old?
- Compared to the past, I feel that my words come with heavier weight now. That’s why I have more sense of responsibility.
9. What is the thing that you wish to do the most when spring comes?
- I want to go on a date riding a bicycle. Bicycle is an easy task, but date… (laughs)
1. ‘I Got A Boy’ activities ended within a month’s time. What is your overall comment on it?
- It was the most fun album promotion up till now! Seems that those stages allowed me to enjoy and express myself freely. We exchanged eye contacts, changed gestures, the lyrics was interesting too… After taking off heels, I became a naughty girl.
2. You started the first concert of the Japan tour last weekend, and will be going around Japanese cities for the next 2 months.
- Having made our comeback in January and then the Japan tour in February, we are spending new year in an eventful way. Concert is where we always receive whole lot of energy, I look forward more to it in the future. (CeCi: Fans in Korea will be sad.) Although the date isn’t fixed officially, we will perhaps meet Korean fans too at the concert!
3. Acting, stage performance, variety show… What is Seohyun’s next step?
- I want to try all. Because my life is still long. (laughs) Looking at unnies’ challenges, I have my own dream too. If I can grab good chances, I want to try acting or musical.
4. I felt that Seohyun in TTS is stronger than Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun.
- Since it was the first unit activity, the burden was huge. But it was fun! As I stood on the stage, I had greater ambition. What’s amazing is that when we were 3, we missed the days with 9 members. And when we are 9, we also miss the stages with 3 members. Nothing can match the energy you have on a stage of 9, yet you can be wild and free when you have 3 members.
5. You are ‘disciplined maknae’ in Girls’ Generation, was your role in TTS different when you are with the 2 unnies?
- No, it’s the same. I’m always the maknae. Maknae who nags.
6. Some days ago you were said to be the ‘maknae who drives unnies crazy’ in a show.
- They did that just for fun. Just like how they chit-chat usually. (CeCi: Do they always make fun of each other?) Of course! Usually it’s even more serious. (laughs)
7. We want to hear your explanation of the ‘dining picture’ revealed some days ago.
- It’s a picture taken in our Japan dorm on Yuri unnie’s birthday. We dined together as a birthday party. I had a mask on in the picture and it’s quite embarrassing. At Japan, we stay in the same house and there were no individual activities, so we got closer. When we say let’s talk for 5 minutes, we always end up talking for 5 hours.
8. In the previous interview with CeCi you said that you want to experience more new stuffs, are you doing that now?
- Although I did not do it because I was busy, I enjoyed life. My skills to be mischievous improved and I’m getting more mischievous towards unnies. When I’m stressed, I tend to want to rest or be free, recently I came to comprehend the way to enjoy while doing work. Back then I tried had to enjoy, but recently it got more natural. ‘Ah, I’m actually enjoying it’, I will be surprised by this. Unnies also tell me often that I have changed.
9. You are 23 years old now. Do you feel that you are a real adult (society person) now?
- After debut, I always feel that ‘I look forward to next year’, as I do this, I did not have a sense of time at all. When we went to music programmes in the past, it’s natural that we see 14-15 sunbaes (seniors), but this time, we saw no more than 4-5 sunbaes. At times like this, I will be surprised.
10. Now, Girls’ Generation is one of the ’14-15 sunbaes’ to your juniors.
- That’s why. And we are the really aged ones among them… (laughs)
11. Is there something that you will never want to lose not as Seohyun, but Seo Juhyun?
- I want to be Seo Juhyun who does something stubbornly when she says ‘let’s do it’. Ah, and people think that I’m a very ‘textbook’ type of person, I’m not. There are many ‘free’ sides of me. It’s something different between Seohyun and Seo Ju-hyun. I hope that Seohyun can become more like Seo Juhyun. And I’m moving towards that direction.
12. It’ll be March soon. When spring comes, what do you wish to do?
- Go for a drive. I obtained my driving license when I was 21. (CeCi: Then you have to own an open car?) I guess so. But it’s okay if it’s a truck!
Fashion magazine ‘Vogue Girl’ is organizing the ‘Pink Wings’ campaign for the 4th time to help families of only grandparents and grandchildren.
The ‘Pink Wings’ campaign which started in 2010, has raised a total amount of 120 million Korean Won, with the help from various artistes as well as fashion and cosmetic brands. The donations raised were used to help young boys and girls in need.
This time, celebrities including Tiffany of Girls’ Generation, Goo Hara, Ga-in, Kang Seung-hyun, Lee Jong-suk, Seo In-Gook and Park Ji-Yoon are participating in the campaign. They will be either wearing clothing provided by fashion brands or make-ups provided by cosmetic brands to take part in the photo shoots.
Fund raised by ‘Pink Wings’ will be donated to the Red Cross and used to help the above-mentioned families. Photos of artistes who joined this campaign will be published in the March issue of ‘Vogue Girl’.