Good news for Malaysian SONEs! It has been confirmed that Girls’ Generation will be coming to the South East Asian country for the ’2013 Asia Super Showcase in Malaysia’ in May!
According to Marctensia the organizer, the ’2013 Asia Super Showcase’ will take place at 8.30pm on May 19th, 2013 at Stadium Merdeka in Kuala Lumpur and Girls’ Generation is the first of the lineup for the event to be announced.
The ’2013 Asia Super Showcase’ will mark the second time of Girls’ Generation coming and performing in Malaysia after the ‘TWIN TOWERS @LIVE 2012′ concert held at the iconic Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur back in March 2012, which was reportedly attended by over 68,000 people.
Other details on the showcase including ticket sales and further lineup will be announced soon!
Meanwhile, you can give suggestions for fan events to make the showcase more memorable for the girls and all the fans. Leave your suggestions here!
Update 2: Seating plan updated with ticket prices!
As previously announced, the ’2013 Asia Super Showcase’ will be taking place at 8pm on May 12th, 2013 at Stadium Merdeka in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The ticket prices for the different zones for the concert was announced earlier today, ranging from RM223 and above. The ticket prices are as stated in the seating plan below and tickets will be sold by the official ticketing agent Ticket Charge. Other ticketing details will be announced soon.
Update 3: Early bird promotion for ticket sale to start on March 23rd!
As announced by the organizer Marctensia, the tickets for the ’2013 Asia Super Showcase in Malaysia’ will go on sale with an early bird promotion starting March 23rd (10 am) till April 6th. Tickets bought during this period, not including the VIP tickets, will enjoy a discount of 10% and ticket holders of the same event last year will get a 15% discount.
Tickets will be available online at www.ticketcharge.com.my and at selected walk-in TicketCharge outlets while VIP ticket pre-orders can be done by contacting Marctensia Concerts at 03 2092 1199 or email email@example.com.
For more details, check out www.ticketcharge.com.my
With time, things are always changing. Kim Taeyeon changes too. Even our ‘greatest leader in the universe’ is unable to stop the unstoppable; things like time, age, and popularity. From Kim Family’s Kim Taeyeon, to Girls’ Generation’s Kim Taeyeon, Korea’s Kim Taeyeon, Asia’s Kim Taeyeon, and now the world’s Kim Taeyeon. No one can change the fact that the group’s virus is spreading. Their beauty is no longer a patent of the fans; it’s now for the world to admire.
Yet we are not afraid. Separated by distance and time, overwhelmed by the changes, all we can feel is pride, never fear. This is because as fans who know our idols and our leader well, we know that time changes, age changes, popularity changes, but Kim Taeyeon never changes.
Some things about Kim Taeyeon never change. Looking at her, we get a sense of assurance, assuring us that no matter how high she goes and how far she gets away from us, she is still our Kim Taeyeon. SONEs’ Kim Taeyeon.
Taeyeon never changes.
In 2007, she was that dorky leader with a weird ahjumma laughter; in 2012, we see the same leader appearing in front of us. Each time we try to compare the past and present photos of her and sigh, “I see no difference!”, perhaps we should be grateful, that we have a leader who creates miracles – racing against time to keep the image her fans are fond of.
“A charismatic adult on the stage, a childish kid offstage.” – That’s how her fans comment about her.
A charismatic adult on the stage, never changes -
On stage, she’s a singer who puts all of her emotions into the song, those emotions that she fails to express in words.
Feburary 2008, a 20 year-old girl stood alone on the stage, facing the world that was watching her and the people she loves, proved herself with her strong vocal, and finally made an unprecedented splash.
June 2011, despite already getting used to her powerful voice, we were again amazed by a short intro to the song ‘Run Devil Run’ and Kim Taeyeon’s unlimited potential.
From 2008 to 2011, she might have changed from a girl singing love songs on the stage to one who roars like a devil with a black eagle outfit, but over the years, what never changed, is the true Kim Taeyeon we see.
A singer who brings energy and tears,
A singer who enjoys every performance,
A singer who influence fans with her charms and charisma.
When asked for the reason why she’s able to support Taeyeon with unchanging love, @tangpa (TAIJui) from twitter, as a fan of Taeyeon since debut, replied, “Besides being able to sing perfectly, beautifully and cutely, she also dances well. She is attractive in many ways, but above anything else, she possesses the most important charm of a singer – talent. Taeyeon’s voice is really great.. She looks beautiful when she sings on the stage, so lovely that I can have everlasting love for her! Never want to let go of her.” @tangpa’s comment simply summarises Taeyeon’s unchanging charms on stage over the years.
Taeyeon told us, “Performing for you is something enjoyable and fun. Whenever there is music programmes, I work to the best of my ability. I have found the way to enjoy it, because it’s something I have most confidence in. That’s when I close my eyes to enjoy without realising it.”
A childish kid offstage, never changes -
Yoona once commented on Taeyeon’s characters, “Extremely free and easy-going.” That explains ‘Kim Taeyeon offstage’. Bright, cute and potentially a gagwoman – that makes Taeyeon a ‘genius in entertainment’ in fans’ eyes. She might not be Sooyoung who displays professionalism on variety shows, but she is definitely a natural entertainer in real life.
“Taeyeon ssi, what is your weakness?”
“Unable to take down things from high places.”
‘Unintentionally sacrificing’ her image as an idol;
Shouting for ice-cream as the oldest members in the group;
Jumping around on the concert stage like a child;
Displaying an incomprehensible kind of love for a soft toy that no one would have noticed;
Capable of doing anything a child can do, convincing non-fans that Kim Taeyeon is the maknae of the group.
One simply cannot put up an act to resemble a child so much, for all these come from the natural character of Kim Taeyeon – cheerful, bright, easy-going, accompanied by milky skin, and forever unchanging baby face.
As a fan of Girls’ Generation for many years, @soshibrows (Cedge) from twitter talked about the reasons of supporting Taeyeon with unchanging love. He said, “My love is unchanging because Taeyeon is still the same adorable person. After all these years, she’s still more or less the same dorky, adorable, slightly 4D kid leader. The person who worked and works hard to fulfill her dreams. The girl who once stood on a bridge and yelled to the river, ‘나는 할수 있다 (I can do it)!’ The leader who tells her members to be careful of their image, yet lets loose with giant ahjumma laughs. Taeyeon may have gone through many styles and concepts (and haircuts…) through the years, but all of that is just garnishing, because what I love the most about her is her personality.”
“Taeyeon is still the same adorable person…. what I love the most about her is her personality.” A simple comment from a fan explains Kim Taeyeon’s attractiveness off the stage. Just like how she remains the same even a long time passes, our love for her stays unchanged.
“Keeping our love unchanging for you”, this precious line from the song ‘Into the New World’ has been a promise between us since 2007. We are able to keep this promise, because our precious leader enabled us to do so. Our kid leader, the unchanging kid leader.
The relationship between Kim Taeyeon and her members never changes.
Being the eldest member, the heavy responsibility of supporting the group was placed onto her shoulder almost automatically. A leader is supposed to guide, control and perhaps, command. But Kim Taeyeon never does so. Being mild and gentle in nature yet having the obligation to lead, she adopted an unique approach to establish an unique relationship with her members -
“A friend-like leader”, that’s how the members described her.
When she was asked, “To Taeyeon, what does Girls’ Generation mean to you?”, she said, “My family, the last people left for me.” She never appears as the leader of the group, but instead, the head of the family. The head of the family who loves her family members unconditionally. She respects their choices, comments, gives them care. She said, “I’m said to be the leader, yet it seems that I’m not doing anything that resembles a leader. At one point of time, all our 9 members became leaders. That’s why I do not like it when people say, ‘It’s Taeyeon the leader’. I hope that we can lead the group together, because in sad or difficult times, we have no one (to rely on) but 9 of us.”
Since when did Kim Taeyeon stop introducing herself as ‘Kid leader Taeyeon’? It seems that the word ‘leader’ has disappeared from her mouth for years. All we see right now, is a family head showing care and concern for her family members silently, everywhere she goes.
Fixing hair for members, helping with their image management, hugging them whenever in need, holding back her tears so that she can comfort her crying members. When these little yet heartwarming moments never fail to make a third party like us to think that “Sure enough, I am loving the right person”, we can already respect how members feel towards her.
Sooyoung told her, “Thank you so much for becoming a leader with the aura of leadership . Because you are the balance in the group, we can maintain our relationship as good friends. This is why I feel grateful that you are a friend-like leader to us.”
Kim Taeyeon – a friend-like leader for the members indeed.
Taeyeon never wanted to declare herself as a leader, yet she is born to be one. Perhaps because she is the oldest member, perhaps because her small yet firm shoulders look reliable, if you observe carefully, members tend to find her the best support in times of need.
Careful and observant, Taeyeon seems to understand the troubles each and every members faces. Being someone who does not know how to express herself, she tends to neglect her own feelings and instead, puts all of her attention on her members. Baby face and dorky behaviours cannot change the fact that Kim Taeyeon is the eldest, and perhaps most experienced member in the group. 2008 was the year that made her grow up – solo activities in the darkest time the group ever faced, working alone to fight against their fate. When she worked so hard that she lost weight naturally and almost fainted, a young girl was in the process of becoming a sensible and mature adult. Since then, she has always been the pillar of the team, never changed.
Yoona said, “Whenever I have troubles, I will always consult Taeyeon unnie.”
Sunny told her, “I rely on you the most, you are my closest friend who knows all my secrets. I’m always thankful, because I trust you and I have been relying on you.”
Kim Taeyeon – a leader-like friend for the members indeed.
And this defines the ‘unique relationship’ that never changes between Taeyeon and the members.
The relationship between Kim Taeyeon and her fans never changes.
Taeyeon has never made any detailed explanation on her relationship with the fans. Perhaps the only time she tried to define it, she said, “We have established a relationship where there is no need for words, we know everything just through eye-contact.”
That was back in 2008, and she has always been right about it.
“A relationship where there is no need for words.” At least to Taeyeon, the word ‘love’ is way not enough to express how she feels towards us. So, what can more accurately define this feeling? Like what she has said, we can try to understand her through eye-contact. Whenever she stares into the fans’ eyes, we are able to feel something more than love, something beyond love. No one can obtain a definite answer from it, but through years of observation, we can in fact figure it out — ‘Gratitude’.
To Taeyeon, ‘thank you’ is definitely a more valuable and meaningful word than ‘I love you’. To put it straight, an idol is never able to fall in love with each and every of her fans, although ‘I love you’ is commonly used on the fandom as a whole. Yet an idol can sincerely feel grateful towards every single one of us. If we put into context, ‘because I love them’ is how Girls’ Generation members drive Taeyeon to work, ‘because I’m grateful to them’ is how fans motivate her.
All these years, Kim Taeyeon has always been trying to convey this message to her fans, she takes every opportunity to express this, though being someone inexpressive.
Thank you fans, thank you SONE.
Thank you for always being there since we met;
Thank you for being the only support for us in the darkest moments;
Thank you for being the only group of people who understand us when there were misunderstandings;
Thank you for always giving us all your love through the years;
Thank you for being my energy, my hope, my vitamin.
‘Thank you’ is a phrase that follows her everywhere. When she gets to speak, she says it; When she stands on the stage without a mic, she mouths it; When she can’t be seen, she conveys the message through UFOs; When she can’t be heard, she writes it on iPad or uses eye-contact.
She told us, “The friends whom I feel most grateful for, people who share my feelings with me – SONE, thank you very very much. As you all share happiness and grief together with me, I feel grateful and sorry at the same time.”
“SONEs are the best, always grateful, my energy!!”
“I’m always thinking about you all, feeling thankful, please be careful of flu.”
She said to her overseas fans, “People who can share and feel my emotions exist even far away across the oceans.. so I wish to only give you more happiness.”
‘Gratitude’ is not something she feels only at certain moments. This word, together with SONE, are always in her heart. After so many years, thanking her fans has become a habit for her, and this will go on forever, never changes.
They sang to us, “Although as time passes, we may change.”
This is when we are reminded that although some things in them never change, they will still grow up and become mature ladies. Although Taeyeon remains as cute, it may surprise you sometimes when you see the change in her image. Losing the baby fat on her cheeks, becoming thinner, the use of heavier make-up, all these are signs of her maturity. Yet this does not contradict to what we have discussed earlier on, because what stays in Taeyeon’s heart did not change.
All we have to do, is to watch her grow up, and walk on together with this precious leader who stays unchanged for her loved ones.
They sing, “Although as time passes, we may change”, but they added, “Let’s not let go of our hands, just for love, let’s let this be our last love forever.” This is a promise assuring us that our relationship will go on forever without change.
Taeyeon grows up, but we will grow up with her. Taeyeon becomes mature, and we will become mature with her. Taeyeon will go onto a higher stage, we will walk on together with her as her support. Some things in Taeyeon never change. Those things in us will never change too.
“Even after a long time passes, I want to dream with you forever.”
We are her fans, we are together, forever.
With this, we wish Taeyeon a happy 25th birthday!
Now, please take some time and watch this MUST-WATCH video (which is a part of this tribute):
Yuri took part in a recent pictorial, titled “Lime Pink Blue ‘Yuri’ (라임 핑크 블루 ‘유리’)”, for star style magazine High Cut and it was unveiled in the magazine’s 97th issue.
Yuri showed off her distinctive charms for the pictorial with bright-coloured outfits and accessories from VOV(보브) and V+eL(브이엘) such as the denim outfits, long tweed jacket, over-sized sunglasses, high-top sneakers and bright accessories to bring out the feelings of spring.
More photos from the pictorial can be found in issue 97 of High Cut magazine, available in stores, online and also in the High Cut app in Apple’s App Store.
Once again, Taeyeon will be lending her voice for a drama’s original soundtrack! And this time, Taeyeon, who is gradually living up to the nickname of the new OST queen, will be singing for SBS drama ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’.
Taeyeon’s song for the drama, titled ‘And One’, described to have poetic and exquisite lyrics with sweet melody, was written and produced by fellow SM Entertainment labelmate Kangta and it will make an appearance in tonight’s episode (March 7th) of ‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’.
‘That Winter, The Wind Blows’ is a melodrama series where two sad and hopeless people came to find the true meaning of love after meeting each other, starring big names like Jo Insung and Song Hyegyo, as well as Kim Bum and Jung Eunji.
‘And One’ is the next to be added to the list of soundtrack for the drama including ‘Gray Paper’ by Yesung, ‘Winter Love’ by The One, and ‘Snowflake’ by Gummy. Meanwhile, Taeyeon has made a name for herself in the OST world with her previous songs for dramas such as ‘Missing You Like Crazy’ for ‘The King 2 Hearts’ OST, ‘I Love You’ for ‘Athena: The Goddess of War’, ‘If’ for ‘Hong Gil Dong’ and many more.
For the second time, Jessica has ‘graduated’ from her role as Elle Woods from musical ‘Legally Blonde’! Reprising her character of Elle Woods, who enrolls at Harvard Law School to win back her boyfriend, Jessica successfully completed a total of eighteen performances since November 28th last year.
Throughout her performances, various fellow Girls’ Generation members turned up in support of her musical and on the last day of her performance on March 6th, Sunny and Sooyoung were in the audience for the special occasion as well as her good friend, actress Park Minyoung.
Besides that, her co-stars from the musical also uploaded selcas with the ‘graduated’ Sica Woods, including the following selca with musical actress Choi Hyunji and other actors.
Jessica’s thoughtful fans from Woorissica.com prepared an event to commemorate the special day where they prepared gifts, cakes, flowers and even life-size Jessica and Daniel Henney standees! On top of that, they also prepared a live video stream from the event for fans worldwide who could not be there with them to congratulate Jessica’s completion of her musicals.
During the mini fanmeet, as seen in the video, Jessica thanked her fans repeatedly for going to her last performance as well as organizing the special event for it. She chatted happily with her fans in Korean and English when she was told that international fans were present; she greeted Thai fans in Thai too!
She talked about her memorable scenes in the musical and hinted about possible future Girls’ Generation’s concerts or performances in South Korea, Hong Kong and Thailand.
All in all, it has been a good run of musical performances for Jessica and she has certainly done a great job even during Girls’ Generation’s hectic promotion schedules with ‘I Got A Boy’ in January and the second arena tour in Japan since February, where she had to fly to and fro. Good job, Jessica! We’re very proud of you!
Sooyoung and Seohyun of Girls’ Generation showcased their beautiful leg lines in the March issue of fashion magazine CeCi.
Sooyoung and Seohyun were chosen as the muses for Tommy Hilfiger Denim 2013 and they participated in a photo shoot for spring denim collection.
The concept of the photo shoot for the two girls, who are famous for their perfect body shapes, is ‘Sweet Travelmate’. As they wore natural make-up with thick waves in their hair, Sooyoung and Seohyun appeared as twins in the pictorial concept. To show the feeling of spring, two girls wore checkered shirts, flower-print jackets and pants in lively colors, in order to present the image of lovely girls.
During the photo shoot, Sooyoung and Seohyun reinterpreted the clothes one by one from their own perspective, and presented them in outstanding poses and expressions. This manifested their professionalism as models and they received comments praising their ability to complete the photo shoot with their unique girly and sexy charms.
Pictures from the photo shoot can be seen in the March 2013 issue of CeCi and on the official website of Tommy Hilfiger Denim.
Update: CeCi Cover Story Interview with Sooyoung and Seohyun
1. Do you like the stage concept of ‘I Got A Boy’?
- It’s been a long time since we performed without high heels. I like it ve~ry much. It doesn’t feel tired at all to dance. I admired male singers who don’t have to perform in heels, ‘ah, so male singers are like this’. Looks like I will request to not wear heels for our next album too.
2. What are the similarities and differences between the responses of Girls’ Generation and the public towards the new song?
- The similarity, compared to just listening to the song, you find more charms when watching the stage performance. However, the comments on lyrics varied. Personally, I like lyrics that have a clear theme and I have confidence in our song. I hope that we’ll have more lyrics that can be listened by the side of ears.
3. You have revealed your dream to hold talk shows in many interviews. Usually, are you interested in knowing people?
- I have much interest in that and I enjoy conversations. If something happens that affects my mood, it makes a difference whether sharing of thoughts has conveyed my thoughts. “Did you care about what I just said?”, when I asked this, I receive this in reply, “In fact I did care, thanks for telling me this’. In these situations, I feel the power of communication. It’s especially strong when I’m with the members.
To me, Girls’ Generation is not somewhere that simply provides money or fame. It is a place where we have lessons in life. It’s a place where we adjust everything initially in conflict one by one, until we embrace one another. You can never find lessons as good as these elsewhere. I learn most things in a little society named Girls’ Generation.
4. If you are to invite one person from Girls’ Generation to be the guest of your talk show, who will you invite?
-Tiffany. She’s a friend who has a really dramatic life. Being through so much, she can be either depressed or a realist, she is like a character in movies. It’s amazing. So much that I want to take up the same challenges as her.
5. It’s been 7 years since debut. What are the differences between Sooyoung at 18 and 24 years old?
- I can do things more easily now. Should I say that goals became clearer? When I was 18 perhaps because of my young age, I was aggressive and daring. I had many ambitions. Now, not all my ambitions can be realized, and I knew that these are not necessary to me. Seems like as I walk on slowly, I can look at my surroundings better.
6. What are the things that remained unchanged compared to then?
- Being the youngest child of my family. My parents taught me strictly, “No matter how famous you are, you are still the youngest child of the house.” Sometimes I want to throw tantrums that I can’t throw outside, I want to do it as I wish, caring about no one. But they strictly disallowed that. At first I thought, “Our house is the only place where I can share everything freely, this is too much”, but now, it’s something that makes me feel most grateful towards my mum and dad.
7. Is there something that you wish it could go back to the past?
- There’s nothing that I want to change. Back then, I did nothing wrong too. I just feel bad thinking of the past. (CeCi: Were you a hot tempered person back then?) I was rather a slowpoke (Sooyoung described herself as a bear). I think that an artiste who doesn’t know how to manage his or her expressions are pure people in real life. Someone who doesn’t know how to pretend. I was one of the examples. However, to think from the perspective of an artiste, it somehow makes people who are looking are me uncomfortable, so I thought it’s in fact a wrong attitude. Although being a little more like a fox might be better, I liked the Sooyoung who knew nothing, just Sooyoung.
8. You are in the middle of your 20s. When did you finally come to realize your age?
- Recently! I came to understand why my mum always says ‘We did this back then’ happily. I miss the days in ‘Reply 1997′. So much that I can cry. As machines become smarter, humans have less thoughts. (CeCi: You can think of this after your 30s) That’s why! (laughs) I like the days where we wrote hand-written letters and typed on pagers. Looks like I’m really getting old now.
9. Is there something good about being old?
- Compared to the past, I feel that my words come with heavier weight now. That’s why I have more sense of responsibility.
9. What is the thing that you wish to do the most when spring comes?
- I want to go on a date riding a bicycle. Bicycle is an easy task, but date… (laughs)
1. ‘I Got A Boy’ activities ended within a month’s time. What is your overall comment on it?
- It was the most fun album promotion up till now! Seems that those stages allowed me to enjoy and express myself freely. We exchanged eye contacts, changed gestures, the lyrics was interesting too… After taking off heels, I became a naughty girl.
2. You started the first concert of the Japan tour last weekend, and will be going around Japanese cities for the next 2 months.
- Having made our comeback in January and then the Japan tour in February, we are spending new year in an eventful way. Concert is where we always receive whole lot of energy, I look forward more to it in the future. (CeCi: Fans in Korea will be sad.) Although the date isn’t fixed officially, we will perhaps meet Korean fans too at the concert!
3. Acting, stage performance, variety show… What is Seohyun’s next step?
- I want to try all. Because my life is still long. (laughs) Looking at unnies’ challenges, I have my own dream too. If I can grab good chances, I want to try acting or musical.
4. I felt that Seohyun in TTS is stronger than Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun.
- Since it was the first unit activity, the burden was huge. But it was fun! As I stood on the stage, I had greater ambition. What’s amazing is that when we were 3, we missed the days with 9 members. And when we are 9, we also miss the stages with 3 members. Nothing can match the energy you have on a stage of 9, yet you can be wild and free when you have 3 members.
5. You are ‘disciplined maknae’ in Girls’ Generation, was your role in TTS different when you are with the 2 unnies?
- No, it’s the same. I’m always the maknae. Maknae who nags.
6. Some days ago you were said to be the ‘maknae who drives unnies crazy’ in a show.
- They did that just for fun. Just like how they chit-chat usually. (CeCi: Do they always make fun of each other?) Of course! Usually it’s even more serious. (laughs)
7. We want to hear your explanation of the ‘dining picture’ revealed some days ago.
- It’s a picture taken in our Japan dorm on Yuri unnie’s birthday. We dined together as a birthday party. I had a mask on in the picture and it’s quite embarrassing. At Japan, we stay in the same house and there were no individual activities, so we got closer. When we say let’s talk for 5 minutes, we always end up talking for 5 hours.
8. In the previous interview with CeCi you said that you want to experience more new stuffs, are you doing that now?
- Although I did not do it because I was busy, I enjoyed life. My skills to be mischievous improved and I’m getting more mischievous towards unnies. When I’m stressed, I tend to want to rest or be free, recently I came to comprehend the way to enjoy while doing work. Back then I tried had to enjoy, but recently it got more natural. ‘Ah, I’m actually enjoying it’, I will be surprised by this. Unnies also tell me often that I have changed.
9. You are 23 years old now. Do you feel that you are a real adult (society person) now?
- After debut, I always feel that ‘I look forward to next year’, as I do this, I did not have a sense of time at all. When we went to music programmes in the past, it’s natural that we see 14-15 sunbaes (seniors), but this time, we saw no more than 4-5 sunbaes. At times like this, I will be surprised.
10. Now, Girls’ Generation is one of the ’14-15 sunbaes’ to your juniors.
- That’s why. And we are the really aged ones among them… (laughs)
11. Is there something that you will never want to lose not as Seohyun, but Seo Juhyun?
- I want to be Seo Juhyun who does something stubbornly when she says ‘let’s do it’. Ah, and people think that I’m a very ‘textbook’ type of person, I’m not. There are many ‘free’ sides of me. It’s something different between Seohyun and Seo Ju-hyun. I hope that Seohyun can become more like Seo Juhyun. And I’m moving towards that direction.
12. It’ll be March soon. When spring comes, what do you wish to do?
- Go for a drive. I obtained my driving license when I was 21. (CeCi: Then you have to own an open car?) I guess so. But it’s okay if it’s a truck!
Fashion magazine ‘Vogue Girl’ is organizing the ‘Pink Wings’ campaign for the 4th time to help families of only grandparents and grandchildren.
The ‘Pink Wings’ campaign which started in 2010, has raised a total amount of 120 million Korean Won, with the help from various artistes as well as fashion and cosmetic brands. The donations raised were used to help young boys and girls in need.
This time, celebrities including Tiffany of Girls’ Generation, Goo Hara, Ga-in, Kang Seung-hyun, Lee Jong-suk, Seo In-Gook and Park Ji-Yoon are participating in the campaign. They will be either wearing clothing provided by fashion brands or make-ups provided by cosmetic brands to take part in the photo shoots.
Fund raised by ‘Pink Wings’ will be donated to the Red Cross and used to help the above-mentioned families. Photos of artistes who joined this campaign will be published in the March issue of ‘Vogue Girl’.
Girls’ Generation’s subunit TaeTiSeo won two awards at the ’2nd Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards’!
The prestigious yearly Gaon Chart award ceremony was held earlier today (February 13th) in Olympic Park, Seoul and Girls’ Generation TaeTiSeo walked home with the ‘Album of the Year’ award for the second quarter of the year and the ‘Digital Award’ for the month of May with their ‘Twinkle’ album!
In their acceptance speech, Seohyun said, “Firstly, we’re really happy to receive so much love. Thanks to SM staff, thank you our member unnies who gave us lots of support. And our fans who give us love, thank you.”
Then Tiffany continued and said, “First, thank you Father God. Being able to find the job that we love is a great happiness, and it’s a even greater blessing that as we do something we love, we can receive love. So thank you for giving us this award, we will become a Girls’ Generation who works harder in music. Thank you.”
Taeyeon concluded, “Thank you Seo Sookyung director for making TTS so pretty, thank you to the staff, fans I love you.”
Girls’ Generation TaeTiSeo also performed their hit song ‘Twinkle’ at the award ceremony.
‘Twinkle’ was released back in April 29th 2012 by Girls’ Generation’s first subunit TaeTiSeo to receive tremendous success within Korea and internationally.
After the successful release and promotions of the fourth album ‘I Got A Boy’ in January, we are greeted by a brand new start in February with more milestones coming our way.
First up, February 10th. February 10th is a special day, a doubly special day this year, because it is not only the second concert of the kickoff of Girls’ Generation’s second Japan tour ‘Girls & Peace’ as well as the start of the Lunar New Year, but it is also a very important day that SONEs celebrate every year.
February 10th is the birthday of a member of Girls’ Generation, a member as kind as she is tall, as witty as she is sensible and yet, as fun-loving and dorky as the girls can be. She is Choi Sooyoung, resident average height booster and a food connoisseur (a.k.a shikshin).
It is not an exaggeration if we proclaim the past year as a witness of the growth and showcase of Sooyoung’s talents and skills. In 2012, Sooyoung’s acting skills were first seen in a cameo appearance in ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’. The short appearance was just a teaser and a prelude to prepare us for the heartwrenching role of Eui Jin, a violinist in the medical drama ‘The 3rd Hospital’, where she worked with famous actors Kim Seungwoo, Oh Jiho and Kim Minjung. Her acting in the drama impressed not only her fans and viewers but also her co-stars.
Even in a group of nine girls, it was obvious that Sooyoung has a knack for talking well in interviews and other such occasions with her wits and sensibility. Therefore, it was a very pleasant surprise when it was announced in May 2012 that Sooyoung will be hosting SBS’s ‘Midnight TV Entertainment’ along with Yoon Dohyun. MC Sooyoung with her wits and charms brought a fresh breath of air to the weekly entertainment show and her efforts were also recognized with a nomination in the SBS Entertainment Awards, which was also hosted by her back on December 30th.
Time and time again, Sooyoung showed that she wasn’t only a tall and pretty member of a girl group. A couple of years back, she had another identity added to her name; she became a lyricist with her beautiful lyrics for ‘How Great is Your Love’, which was included in Girls’ Generation’s 3rd Korean album ‘The Boys’ back in 2011. In 2013, she took up the role of a lyricist yet again when she collaborated with fellow members Yuri and Seohyun for the sweet song ‘Baby Maybe’ in their fourth album ‘I Got A Boy’.
While some skills and talents can be honed throughout one’s life, certain qualities are not; kindness is something one is born with and Sooyoung is definitely a good example of such person. Throughout the years, we have witnessed Sooyoung’s acts of kindness and it was no different in the past year. Even as recent as the start of 2013, Sooyoung initiated a charity campaign to help patients with retinitis pigmentosa and in one of the events Girls’ Generation members donated their treasured items to put up for auction. Throughout the years, Sooyoung also kept up her visits of Park Seungil, a former basketball coach who is suffering from Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Although there were many memorable moments that involves Girls’ Generation and Sooyoung, one particular moment stuck out at the top of my head. Back in 2011, Sooyoung was injured in an accident and SONEs were very worried for her well-being. Being the thoughtful person that she was, she made a video for the fans to thank everyone for their concerns and wishes. To me, it was an extremely sweet and heartwarming gesture, from an idol to her fans.
With that, all of us here at Fanwonder.com would sincerely like to wish Sooyoung a very happy 24th birthday! May all your dreams and wishes come true, but remember to always stay true to yourself (smart, kind, loving, dorky and more), smile and may the world smile with you! Happy Birthday!!
Video credit: firstname.lastname@example.org + bug email@example.com
Photo credit: Onlysosi, NINE ANGELS