Posts Tagged ‘Ceci’
Sooyoung and Seohyun of Girls’ Generation showcased their beautiful leg lines in the March issue of fashion magazine CeCi.
Sooyoung and Seohyun were chosen as the muses for Tommy Hilfiger Denim 2013 and they participated in a photo shoot for spring denim collection.
The concept of the photo shoot for the two girls, who are famous for their perfect body shapes, is ‘Sweet Travelmate’. As they wore natural make-up with thick waves in their hair, Sooyoung and Seohyun appeared as twins in the pictorial concept. To show the feeling of spring, two girls wore checkered shirts, flower-print jackets and pants in lively colors, in order to present the image of lovely girls.
During the photo shoot, Sooyoung and Seohyun reinterpreted the clothes one by one from their own perspective, and presented them in outstanding poses and expressions. This manifested their professionalism as models and they received comments praising their ability to complete the photo shoot with their unique girly and sexy charms.
Pictures from the photo shoot can be seen in the March 2013 issue of CeCi and on the official website of Tommy Hilfiger Denim.
Update: CeCi Cover Story Interview with Sooyoung and Seohyun
1. Do you like the stage concept of ‘I Got A Boy’?
- It’s been a long time since we performed without high heels. I like it ve~ry much. It doesn’t feel tired at all to dance. I admired male singers who don’t have to perform in heels, ‘ah, so male singers are like this’. Looks like I will request to not wear heels for our next album too.
2. What are the similarities and differences between the responses of Girls’ Generation and the public towards the new song?
- The similarity, compared to just listening to the song, you find more charms when watching the stage performance. However, the comments on lyrics varied. Personally, I like lyrics that have a clear theme and I have confidence in our song. I hope that we’ll have more lyrics that can be listened by the side of ears.
3. You have revealed your dream to hold talk shows in many interviews. Usually, are you interested in knowing people?
- I have much interest in that and I enjoy conversations. If something happens that affects my mood, it makes a difference whether sharing of thoughts has conveyed my thoughts. “Did you care about what I just said?”, when I asked this, I receive this in reply, “In fact I did care, thanks for telling me this’. In these situations, I feel the power of communication. It’s especially strong when I’m with the members.
To me, Girls’ Generation is not somewhere that simply provides money or fame. It is a place where we have lessons in life. It’s a place where we adjust everything initially in conflict one by one, until we embrace one another. You can never find lessons as good as these elsewhere. I learn most things in a little society named Girls’ Generation.
4. If you are to invite one person from Girls’ Generation to be the guest of your talk show, who will you invite?
-Tiffany. She’s a friend who has a really dramatic life. Being through so much, she can be either depressed or a realist, she is like a character in movies. It’s amazing. So much that I want to take up the same challenges as her.
5. It’s been 7 years since debut. What are the differences between Sooyoung at 18 and 24 years old?
- I can do things more easily now. Should I say that goals became clearer? When I was 18 perhaps because of my young age, I was aggressive and daring. I had many ambitions. Now, not all my ambitions can be realized, and I knew that these are not necessary to me. Seems like as I walk on slowly, I can look at my surroundings better.
6. What are the things that remained unchanged compared to then?
- Being the youngest child of my family. My parents taught me strictly, “No matter how famous you are, you are still the youngest child of the house.” Sometimes I want to throw tantrums that I can’t throw outside, I want to do it as I wish, caring about no one. But they strictly disallowed that. At first I thought, “Our house is the only place where I can share everything freely, this is too much”, but now, it’s something that makes me feel most grateful towards my mum and dad.
7. Is there something that you wish it could go back to the past?
- There’s nothing that I want to change. Back then, I did nothing wrong too. I just feel bad thinking of the past. (CeCi: Were you a hot tempered person back then?) I was rather a slowpoke (Sooyoung described herself as a bear). I think that an artiste who doesn’t know how to manage his or her expressions are pure people in real life. Someone who doesn’t know how to pretend. I was one of the examples. However, to think from the perspective of an artiste, it somehow makes people who are looking are me uncomfortable, so I thought it’s in fact a wrong attitude. Although being a little more like a fox might be better, I liked the Sooyoung who knew nothing, just Sooyoung.
8. You are in the middle of your 20s. When did you finally come to realize your age?
- Recently! I came to understand why my mum always says ‘We did this back then’ happily. I miss the days in ‘Reply 1997′. So much that I can cry. As machines become smarter, humans have less thoughts. (CeCi: You can think of this after your 30s) That’s why! (laughs) I like the days where we wrote hand-written letters and typed on pagers. Looks like I’m really getting old now.
9. Is there something good about being old?
- Compared to the past, I feel that my words come with heavier weight now. That’s why I have more sense of responsibility.
9. What is the thing that you wish to do the most when spring comes?
- I want to go on a date riding a bicycle. Bicycle is an easy task, but date… (laughs)
1. ‘I Got A Boy’ activities ended within a month’s time. What is your overall comment on it?
- It was the most fun album promotion up till now! Seems that those stages allowed me to enjoy and express myself freely. We exchanged eye contacts, changed gestures, the lyrics was interesting too… After taking off heels, I became a naughty girl.
2. You started the first concert of the Japan tour last weekend, and will be going around Japanese cities for the next 2 months.
- Having made our comeback in January and then the Japan tour in February, we are spending new year in an eventful way. Concert is where we always receive whole lot of energy, I look forward more to it in the future. (CeCi: Fans in Korea will be sad.) Although the date isn’t fixed officially, we will perhaps meet Korean fans too at the concert!
3. Acting, stage performance, variety show… What is Seohyun’s next step?
- I want to try all. Because my life is still long. (laughs) Looking at unnies’ challenges, I have my own dream too. If I can grab good chances, I want to try acting or musical.
4. I felt that Seohyun in TTS is stronger than Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun.
- Since it was the first unit activity, the burden was huge. But it was fun! As I stood on the stage, I had greater ambition. What’s amazing is that when we were 3, we missed the days with 9 members. And when we are 9, we also miss the stages with 3 members. Nothing can match the energy you have on a stage of 9, yet you can be wild and free when you have 3 members.
5. You are ‘disciplined maknae’ in Girls’ Generation, was your role in TTS different when you are with the 2 unnies?
- No, it’s the same. I’m always the maknae. Maknae who nags.
6. Some days ago you were said to be the ‘maknae who drives unnies crazy’ in a show.
- They did that just for fun. Just like how they chit-chat usually. (CeCi: Do they always make fun of each other?) Of course! Usually it’s even more serious. (laughs)
7. We want to hear your explanation of the ‘dining picture’ revealed some days ago.
- It’s a picture taken in our Japan dorm on Yuri unnie’s birthday. We dined together as a birthday party. I had a mask on in the picture and it’s quite embarrassing. At Japan, we stay in the same house and there were no individual activities, so we got closer. When we say let’s talk for 5 minutes, we always end up talking for 5 hours.
8. In the previous interview with CeCi you said that you want to experience more new stuffs, are you doing that now?
- Although I did not do it because I was busy, I enjoyed life. My skills to be mischievous improved and I’m getting more mischievous towards unnies. When I’m stressed, I tend to want to rest or be free, recently I came to comprehend the way to enjoy while doing work. Back then I tried had to enjoy, but recently it got more natural. ‘Ah, I’m actually enjoying it’, I will be surprised by this. Unnies also tell me often that I have changed.
9. You are 23 years old now. Do you feel that you are a real adult (society person) now?
- After debut, I always feel that ‘I look forward to next year’, as I do this, I did not have a sense of time at all. When we went to music programmes in the past, it’s natural that we see 14-15 sunbaes (seniors), but this time, we saw no more than 4-5 sunbaes. At times like this, I will be surprised.
10. Now, Girls’ Generation is one of the ’14-15 sunbaes’ to your juniors.
- That’s why. And we are the really aged ones among them… (laughs)
11. Is there something that you will never want to lose not as Seohyun, but Seo Juhyun?
- I want to be Seo Juhyun who does something stubbornly when she says ‘let’s do it’. Ah, and people think that I’m a very ‘textbook’ type of person, I’m not. There are many ‘free’ sides of me. It’s something different between Seohyun and Seo Ju-hyun. I hope that Seohyun can become more like Seo Juhyun. And I’m moving towards that direction.
12. It’ll be March soon. When spring comes, what do you wish to do?
- Go for a drive. I obtained my driving license when I was 21. (CeCi: Then you have to own an open car?) I guess so. But it’s okay if it’s a truck!
Seohyun and TVXQ are featured on the cover of fashion magazine, ‘Ceci’ in 3 countries – Korea Republic, China and Thailand.
The November edition of ‘Ceci’ is available in Korean, Chinese and the newly-launched Thai edition. Seohyun, as well as TVXQ members, U-Know Yunho and Max Changmin were selected as the cover models and they completed the pictorial shoot with the theme ‘Timeless Eternity’.
Adopting the concept from the movie ‘Interview With The Vampire’, the two TVXQ members transformed into vampires with cold and deadly charms. Seohyun, on the other hand, has the image of a tender-hearted and innocent girl. The trio shot the 26-page pictorials with various poses and expressions.
In the revealed cover photo, Seohyun and TVXQ members were holding one another’s hands with mysterious expressions, highlighting their own individual charms at the same time.
This November edition of ‘Ceci’ magazine featuring Seohyun and TVXQ on its cover will be available in Korea from October 15th onwards and subsequently, in China and Thailand.
On September 27th, photos of Seohyun and TVXQ flaunting their good looks were posted on Girls’ Generation and TVXQ’s official Facebook pages. The photos were taken for a pictorial for the November issue of fashion magazine CeCi.
In one of the photos revealed, Seohyun was seen in a hot pink one-piece dress with hair accessory while Max ChangMin was wearing a neat suit with a bow tie while making a V-sign pose.
In another photo, Seohyun was sitting in between the two TVXQ members and she can be seen in an elegant dress while making cute poses.
Girls’ Generation had just released their new Japanese single ‘Oh!’ on September 26th, which topped the Oricon daily charts on the day of release, while TVXQ made their comeback with their 6th album ‘Catch Me’ with scheduled first comeback stage on Music Bank on October 5th.
In conjunction with her birthday on August 1st, Tiffany participated in a pictorial shoot for the August edition of fashion magazine Ceci and the 13 props used in the shoot will be put up for auction from July 23rd to August 6th.
In the pictorials, Tiffany transformed into a lively young girl. Dressed in floral-patterned short, pink tube top and laced one-piece dress as well as other lovely costumes, Tiffany also posed along with a pet dog named ‘Ari’. In addition, throughout the shooting session, Tiffany brightened the atmosphere on the set with her own signature eye-smiles.
The real-time auction event will be held from 3pm on July 23rd onwards through Ceci‘s website (http://www.ceci.co.kr) and its Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/cecimagazine). A pearl ring and necklace with Tiffany’s initial engraved on it, belt used by Tiffany during TaeTiSeo’s performances as well as bags, etc are among the items to be auctioned.
All proceeds from the auction will be donated to Korean Society for Animal Freedom in Ceci and Tiffany’s name.