Posts Tagged ‘Sooyoung’
Seohyun and Sooyoung became the latest cover girls to grace the ‘High Cut’ magazine with their beautiful spring and summer-themed pictorials.
Dressed in Tommy Hilfiger outfits which consisted of denim clothings as well as simple tops and shirts, Seohyun and Sooyoung showed off their subtle but sexy charms and flawless model-like figures.
In an interview conducted with the magazine, the girls were asked about various things from ‘chopstick legs’ for Sooyoung to sweet potatoes for Seohyun. For that, Sooyoung said it gave an impression of a slim and nice body but she wants to gain some weight for her legs to look more healthy and beautiful while Seohyun said that she has gotten a little tired of the sweet potatoes she once loved a lot.
Besides that, they also picked fellow SM Entertainment artistes, whom they thought would fit in best in various roles such as politicians, chefs, fashion designers, secret agents and so on. Don’t miss the interesting interview with the girls!
The girls are featured in the 101th issue of ‘High Cut’, which was released on May 2nd and is available through most major bookstores. An interactive version of the magazine is also available on the ‘High Cut’ app from Apple’s App Store, where the readers can see the pictorial as well as the video of the photo shoot.
Credit: highcut.co.kr, sportschosun.com, ch0sshi@twitter (interview translations)
Actor Lee Jonghyuk uploaded a selca with Sooyoung on his Twitter today (April 12th)!
Earlier this month, the duo were revealed to have been casted as the lead roles in new TvN drama ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’ along with actor Lee Chunhee.
In his tweet, Lee Jonghyuk expressed his excitement for the new drama, which was scheduled to begin its filming in mid-April. This is also the first time we have seen the two main leads together.
Are you excited for Sooyoung’s new series? ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’, a 16-episode romantic comedy, is expected to air at the end of May.
After getting recognition for her acting in ‘The 3rd Hospital’, Sooyoung will be making another comeback to the small screen! This time around, Sooyoung will be playing the lead role for the first time in TvN’s new Monday/Tuesday drama ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’ scheduled to air at the end of May!
Sooyoung will be acting alongside actors Lee Jonghyuk and Lee Chunhee in this drama, which is a prequel to Uhm Taewoong and Lee Minjung’s ‘Cyrano: Dating Agency’ movie.
Sooyoung will be playing a loveable character, Gong Minyoung, who is a member of the ‘Dating Agency’, which helps people in love but are clumsy in dating. Lee Jonghyuk will play Seo Byunghoon, the leader of the agency who collides with Sooyoung’s character often, while Lee Chunhee will act as Cha Seungpyo, a mysterious but charming chef who gets tangled between the two main lead characters.
The 16-episode romantic comedy is scheduled to start filming in the middle of April and it will air after the current TvN drama ‘Nine’.
Credit: enews24, Star News, ch0sshi (translations) via soshified
Sooyoung and Seohyun of Girls’ Generation showcased their beautiful leg lines in the March issue of fashion magazine CeCi.
Sooyoung and Seohyun were chosen as the muses for Tommy Hilfiger Denim 2013 and they participated in a photo shoot for spring denim collection.
The concept of the photo shoot for the two girls, who are famous for their perfect body shapes, is ‘Sweet Travelmate’. As they wore natural make-up with thick waves in their hair, Sooyoung and Seohyun appeared as twins in the pictorial concept. To show the feeling of spring, two girls wore checkered shirts, flower-print jackets and pants in lively colors, in order to present the image of lovely girls.
During the photo shoot, Sooyoung and Seohyun reinterpreted the clothes one by one from their own perspective, and presented them in outstanding poses and expressions. This manifested their professionalism as models and they received comments praising their ability to complete the photo shoot with their unique girly and sexy charms.
Pictures from the photo shoot can be seen in the March 2013 issue of CeCi and on the official website of Tommy Hilfiger Denim.
Update: CeCi Cover Story Interview with Sooyoung and Seohyun
1. Do you like the stage concept of ‘I Got A Boy’?
- It’s been a long time since we performed without high heels. I like it ve~ry much. It doesn’t feel tired at all to dance. I admired male singers who don’t have to perform in heels, ‘ah, so male singers are like this’. Looks like I will request to not wear heels for our next album too.
2. What are the similarities and differences between the responses of Girls’ Generation and the public towards the new song?
- The similarity, compared to just listening to the song, you find more charms when watching the stage performance. However, the comments on lyrics varied. Personally, I like lyrics that have a clear theme and I have confidence in our song. I hope that we’ll have more lyrics that can be listened by the side of ears.
3. You have revealed your dream to hold talk shows in many interviews. Usually, are you interested in knowing people?
- I have much interest in that and I enjoy conversations. If something happens that affects my mood, it makes a difference whether sharing of thoughts has conveyed my thoughts. “Did you care about what I just said?”, when I asked this, I receive this in reply, “In fact I did care, thanks for telling me this’. In these situations, I feel the power of communication. It’s especially strong when I’m with the members.
To me, Girls’ Generation is not somewhere that simply provides money or fame. It is a place where we have lessons in life. It’s a place where we adjust everything initially in conflict one by one, until we embrace one another. You can never find lessons as good as these elsewhere. I learn most things in a little society named Girls’ Generation.
4. If you are to invite one person from Girls’ Generation to be the guest of your talk show, who will you invite?
-Tiffany. She’s a friend who has a really dramatic life. Being through so much, she can be either depressed or a realist, she is like a character in movies. It’s amazing. So much that I want to take up the same challenges as her.
5. It’s been 7 years since debut. What are the differences between Sooyoung at 18 and 24 years old?
- I can do things more easily now. Should I say that goals became clearer? When I was 18 perhaps because of my young age, I was aggressive and daring. I had many ambitions. Now, not all my ambitions can be realized, and I knew that these are not necessary to me. Seems like as I walk on slowly, I can look at my surroundings better.
6. What are the things that remained unchanged compared to then?
- Being the youngest child of my family. My parents taught me strictly, “No matter how famous you are, you are still the youngest child of the house.” Sometimes I want to throw tantrums that I can’t throw outside, I want to do it as I wish, caring about no one. But they strictly disallowed that. At first I thought, “Our house is the only place where I can share everything freely, this is too much”, but now, it’s something that makes me feel most grateful towards my mum and dad.
7. Is there something that you wish it could go back to the past?
- There’s nothing that I want to change. Back then, I did nothing wrong too. I just feel bad thinking of the past. (CeCi: Were you a hot tempered person back then?) I was rather a slowpoke (Sooyoung described herself as a bear). I think that an artiste who doesn’t know how to manage his or her expressions are pure people in real life. Someone who doesn’t know how to pretend. I was one of the examples. However, to think from the perspective of an artiste, it somehow makes people who are looking are me uncomfortable, so I thought it’s in fact a wrong attitude. Although being a little more like a fox might be better, I liked the Sooyoung who knew nothing, just Sooyoung.
8. You are in the middle of your 20s. When did you finally come to realize your age?
- Recently! I came to understand why my mum always says ‘We did this back then’ happily. I miss the days in ‘Reply 1997′. So much that I can cry. As machines become smarter, humans have less thoughts. (CeCi: You can think of this after your 30s) That’s why! (laughs) I like the days where we wrote hand-written letters and typed on pagers. Looks like I’m really getting old now.
9. Is there something good about being old?
- Compared to the past, I feel that my words come with heavier weight now. That’s why I have more sense of responsibility.
9. What is the thing that you wish to do the most when spring comes?
- I want to go on a date riding a bicycle. Bicycle is an easy task, but date… (laughs)
1. ‘I Got A Boy’ activities ended within a month’s time. What is your overall comment on it?
- It was the most fun album promotion up till now! Seems that those stages allowed me to enjoy and express myself freely. We exchanged eye contacts, changed gestures, the lyrics was interesting too… After taking off heels, I became a naughty girl.
2. You started the first concert of the Japan tour last weekend, and will be going around Japanese cities for the next 2 months.
- Having made our comeback in January and then the Japan tour in February, we are spending new year in an eventful way. Concert is where we always receive whole lot of energy, I look forward more to it in the future. (CeCi: Fans in Korea will be sad.) Although the date isn’t fixed officially, we will perhaps meet Korean fans too at the concert!
3. Acting, stage performance, variety show… What is Seohyun’s next step?
- I want to try all. Because my life is still long. (laughs) Looking at unnies’ challenges, I have my own dream too. If I can grab good chances, I want to try acting or musical.
4. I felt that Seohyun in TTS is stronger than Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun.
- Since it was the first unit activity, the burden was huge. But it was fun! As I stood on the stage, I had greater ambition. What’s amazing is that when we were 3, we missed the days with 9 members. And when we are 9, we also miss the stages with 3 members. Nothing can match the energy you have on a stage of 9, yet you can be wild and free when you have 3 members.
5. You are ‘disciplined maknae’ in Girls’ Generation, was your role in TTS different when you are with the 2 unnies?
- No, it’s the same. I’m always the maknae. Maknae who nags.
6. Some days ago you were said to be the ‘maknae who drives unnies crazy’ in a show.
- They did that just for fun. Just like how they chit-chat usually. (CeCi: Do they always make fun of each other?) Of course! Usually it’s even more serious. (laughs)
7. We want to hear your explanation of the ‘dining picture’ revealed some days ago.
- It’s a picture taken in our Japan dorm on Yuri unnie’s birthday. We dined together as a birthday party. I had a mask on in the picture and it’s quite embarrassing. At Japan, we stay in the same house and there were no individual activities, so we got closer. When we say let’s talk for 5 minutes, we always end up talking for 5 hours.
8. In the previous interview with CeCi you said that you want to experience more new stuffs, are you doing that now?
- Although I did not do it because I was busy, I enjoyed life. My skills to be mischievous improved and I’m getting more mischievous towards unnies. When I’m stressed, I tend to want to rest or be free, recently I came to comprehend the way to enjoy while doing work. Back then I tried had to enjoy, but recently it got more natural. ‘Ah, I’m actually enjoying it’, I will be surprised by this. Unnies also tell me often that I have changed.
9. You are 23 years old now. Do you feel that you are a real adult (society person) now?
- After debut, I always feel that ‘I look forward to next year’, as I do this, I did not have a sense of time at all. When we went to music programmes in the past, it’s natural that we see 14-15 sunbaes (seniors), but this time, we saw no more than 4-5 sunbaes. At times like this, I will be surprised.
10. Now, Girls’ Generation is one of the ’14-15 sunbaes’ to your juniors.
- That’s why. And we are the really aged ones among them… (laughs)
11. Is there something that you will never want to lose not as Seohyun, but Seo Juhyun?
- I want to be Seo Juhyun who does something stubbornly when she says ‘let’s do it’. Ah, and people think that I’m a very ‘textbook’ type of person, I’m not. There are many ‘free’ sides of me. It’s something different between Seohyun and Seo Ju-hyun. I hope that Seohyun can become more like Seo Juhyun. And I’m moving towards that direction.
12. It’ll be March soon. When spring comes, what do you wish to do?
- Go for a drive. I obtained my driving license when I was 21. (CeCi: Then you have to own an open car?) I guess so. But it’s okay if it’s a truck!
After the successful release and promotions of the fourth album ‘I Got A Boy’ in January, we are greeted by a brand new start in February with more milestones coming our way.
First up, February 10th. February 10th is a special day, a doubly special day this year, because it is not only the second concert of the kickoff of Girls’ Generation’s second Japan tour ‘Girls & Peace’ as well as the start of the Lunar New Year, but it is also a very important day that SONEs celebrate every year.
February 10th is the birthday of a member of Girls’ Generation, a member as kind as she is tall, as witty as she is sensible and yet, as fun-loving and dorky as the girls can be. She is Choi Sooyoung, resident average height booster and a food connoisseur (a.k.a shikshin).
It is not an exaggeration if we proclaim the past year as a witness of the growth and showcase of Sooyoung’s talents and skills. In 2012, Sooyoung’s acting skills were first seen in a cameo appearance in ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’. The short appearance was just a teaser and a prelude to prepare us for the heartwrenching role of Eui Jin, a violinist in the medical drama ‘The 3rd Hospital’, where she worked with famous actors Kim Seungwoo, Oh Jiho and Kim Minjung. Her acting in the drama impressed not only her fans and viewers but also her co-stars.
Even in a group of nine girls, it was obvious that Sooyoung has a knack for talking well in interviews and other such occasions with her wits and sensibility. Therefore, it was a very pleasant surprise when it was announced in May 2012 that Sooyoung will be hosting SBS’s ‘Midnight TV Entertainment’ along with Yoon Dohyun. MC Sooyoung with her wits and charms brought a fresh breath of air to the weekly entertainment show and her efforts were also recognized with a nomination in the SBS Entertainment Awards, which was also hosted by her back on December 30th.
Time and time again, Sooyoung showed that she wasn’t only a tall and pretty member of a girl group. A couple of years back, she had another identity added to her name; she became a lyricist with her beautiful lyrics for ‘How Great is Your Love’, which was included in Girls’ Generation’s 3rd Korean album ‘The Boys’ back in 2011. In 2013, she took up the role of a lyricist yet again when she collaborated with fellow members Yuri and Seohyun for the sweet song ‘Baby Maybe’ in their fourth album ‘I Got A Boy’.
While some skills and talents can be honed throughout one’s life, certain qualities are not; kindness is something one is born with and Sooyoung is definitely a good example of such person. Throughout the years, we have witnessed Sooyoung’s acts of kindness and it was no different in the past year. Even as recent as the start of 2013, Sooyoung initiated a charity campaign to help patients with retinitis pigmentosa and in one of the events Girls’ Generation members donated their treasured items to put up for auction. Throughout the years, Sooyoung also kept up her visits of Park Seungil, a former basketball coach who is suffering from Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Although there were many memorable moments that involves Girls’ Generation and Sooyoung, one particular moment stuck out at the top of my head. Back in 2011, Sooyoung was injured in an accident and SONEs were very worried for her well-being. Being the thoughtful person that she was, she made a video for the fans to thank everyone for their concerns and wishes. To me, it was an extremely sweet and heartwarming gesture, from an idol to her fans.
With that, all of us here at Fanwonder.com would sincerely like to wish Sooyoung a very happy 24th birthday! May all your dreams and wishes come true, but remember to always stay true to yourself (smart, kind, loving, dorky and more), smile and may the world smile with you! Happy Birthday!!
Video credit: email@example.com + bug firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: Onlysosi, NINE ANGELS
At the start of 2013, Girls’ Generation members ran an auction together with Beautiful Store to help patients diagnosed with retinitis pigmentosa, an eye disease that causes severe vision impairment and often blindness. This auction was initially proposed by Sooyoung and eventually they raised a total of 5,841,000 Won for the patients.
It started with a campaign named ‘Sooyoung’s wish for lights in the dark world’ (수영과 함께 까만 세상에 빛을 희망해), organised by Beautiful Store, Daum and QTV. Girls’ Generation members then donated their items which were put up for auction on Daum’s site of Hope from December 16th, 2012 to January 5th, 2013.
The auction was meaningful since Sooyoung proposed herself, and all other members participated in support. Sooyoung had always cared for patients who lost their visions and is concerned about their treatment and disease prevention.
This time, Girls’ Generation members donated a total of 17 items that they treasured for the campaign. These include Seohyun’s handbag and clothes, Sooyoung’s watch and bromide photo frame, Sunny’s bag, YoonA’s sunglasses, Tiffany’s watch, Hyoyeon’s shoes and items from other members.
Among these items, Jessica’s shoes (pictured above) were sold for the highest price of 650,000 Won, followed by YoonA’s sunglasses at 609,000 Won, Tiffany’s wristwatch at 600,000 won, YoonA’s fur hat at 540,000 won, and Sooyoung’s wristwatch at 412,000 won. All proceeds will be donated to retinitis pigmentosa patients through Beautiful Store.
On the other hand, the campaign ‘We wish, together with Sooyoung of Girls’ Generation’ will be conducted on Daum’s site of Hope until January 19th.
Translated by: email@example.com
On SBS ‘Midnight TV Entertainment’ aired on October 3rd, MC Yoon DoHyun congratulated his fellow MC of the show, Sooyoung on Girls’ Generation’s recent success in capturing the no.1 spot for 3 weekly charts on Oricon at the same time.
Sooyoung expressed her gratitude on the impressive achievement by saying, “I’m really thankful to the Oppas (older male fans), unnies (older female fans), uncles, aunties, dongsaengs (younger male and female fans) and friends who have given so much love to Girls’ Generation. We shall be the Girls’ Generation that work hard”.
By winning 3 weekly charts at the same time, Girls’ Generation are the only female and foreign artist who have managed to achieve such feat so far. Upon hearing Sooyoung’s words, Yoon DoHyun commented, “I’m pleased too”, expressing his delight on Girls’ Generation’s success.
Sooyoung thinks of herself as an easygoing woman.
As a member of Girls’ Generation and also an actress starring in tvN’s medical drama ‘The 3rd Hospital’, Sooyoung displayed her unique charms as a refined fashionista through a set of latest pictorials revealed in ‘First Look’ magazine on September 20th.
On the cover of the magazine, Sooyoung who transformed into Song JaIn’s J-Lite muse, posed with monotone natural items just like a professional model. Hot pants and the skinny-cut pants highlighted Sooyoung’s trademark flawless and beautiful legs even more.
At an interview carried out after the pictorial shoot, Sooyoung answered questions about being a woman and a human being as a whole. Sooyoung said, “I’m a very easygoing woman. I too want to make the other person as comfortable as I feel with him. I don’t like making people feel uncomfortable. I want to be a woman that someone can lean on. I’m surprisingly feminine. I make cupcakes and bake cookies. If I were to get married, I want to cut some fruits and take them to my husband’s office. I want to be proud and become a comfortable girlfriend to be with.”
Sooyoung, who usually has a good fashion sense, also commented, “I just like comfortable fashion. Recently, my motto is ‘Back to Basic’. White t-shirt and jeans to go with a pair of sneakers looks really great. Even before debut, I love Song JaIn seonsaengnim’s clothes and so, I often went to see her collections. Particularly, this cute teddy bear mark that represents Song JaIn Seonsaengnim’s environmental-friendly mindset. Her design looks like a rider jacket or biker pants. Since the material has been washed, it’s stylish and comfortable at the same time. If I were to mix and match the clothes to be worn just like the styling for today’s photoshoot, I think it should be good enough to wear only J-Lite’s clothes throughout the week.”
More photos of Sooyoung and her full interview are available on First Look Online and First Look Mobile.
Sooyoung’s charming 3-step aegyo will surely capture the hearts of men.
In the 5th episode of cable TV channel tvN’s ‘The 3rd Hospital’, which will be aired at 11pm KST on September 19th, EuiJin (played by Sooyoung) passed her orchestra audition. To celebrate her success of the audition, she throws a surprised party and does the 3-step aegyo, ‘fireworks (sparkler) dance – leaning on shoulder – wink’ to SeungHyun (played by Oh JiHo).
In the still cuts revealed, Sooyoung was seen holding a sparkler and while doing a cute dance, she put her head on Oh JiHo’s shoulder with both eyes blinking, showing her lovely side. Immersed in the character EuiJin she played in the drama, Sooyoung flutters the hearts of samchon (uncle) fans with her cute aegyo charms.
Netizens who saw the still cuts commented, “The combination of Sooyoung’s actual look and the character EuiJin in the drama creates a perfect appearance”, “Sooyoung-ah, you’re the master of my spirit. You’re really cute”, “It seems that Oh JiHo is really nervous although he’s an experience actor”, “The expression of her eyes is awesome. By blinking her big eyes and such aegyo, she could have any of her wish fulfilled”, etc.
Don’t forget to catch Sooyoung and her irresistable aegyo on tvN’s ‘The 3rd Hospital’ at 11pm KST on September 19th!
Credit: tvreport.co.kr + isportskorea.com